Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ch.12

Summary:

When you shop online as a consumer from an EU-based website you have the same rights as when you shop locally. The fact that you are not physically in the same area or in some cases the same country should not in any way interfere with your rights under consumer law. However, purchasers should exercise caution when buying on the internet. This article proposes to outline some of the issues facing a consumer when shopping online from EU-based websites. It does not deal with purchases made in the course of a business or a consumer purchasing from a private individual.



Connection:

The connection i made between the articles and the chapter 12 was claim the refund. We had learned how to handle the refunds in local stores. But do you know how to claim the refund if you want to buy the items on website? If the goods or services have already been paid for, the trader must refund the purchaser within 30 days of the cancellation date. If the trader refuses to refund the purchaser then the appropriate legal steps should be taken to obatain a refund.


Reflection:


After read this article, I have more concepts of how to protect myself either shopping in local stores or shopping online. Nowadays, many people shopping online. Because it's convenience and they could buy the things from other places. But sometimes this also cause many problems if the consumers are not satisfied with their items when they received it. So the consumers like myself should be more aware of taking refund when shopping online.

1 comment:

YY - Blog [Sabrina] said...

Hello Ting. After I read your article, I do agree your points. As soon as the internet becoming an important part in our society, people start doing sales transaction online. I think there are more risk than real life. As you said if the goods or services have already been paid for, the trader must refund the purchaser within 30 days of the cancellation date. I think that's a good idea to protect the customers. Ihad bought things from internet as well. The one I got may not be as indentical as the one I saw from the picture on the website. Therefore I tried to refund and they accept my reason. But not all the company are like this. Therefore I warm people to becareful about it and use the rules to protect themselves.